M.N.Ry. No.1 Ramsey
No.17 (Not Carried)
Above: based on the works photograph of the locomotive, this conjectural yellow scheme applied to No.1 for variety shows the broad similarity to the island's other locomotives, but these two were noticably smaller; when inherited by the Railway Company in 1905 upon amalgamation both locomotives saw little use.
One of two locomotives obtained by the Manx Northern Railway for the opening of the north line in 1879 and supplied by the Glasgow-based firm of Sharp, Stewart & Co., Ltd., No.1 was named after the town from which the railway originated