Four-Wheel Carriage A.2

One of the first four-wheel carriages built for the opening of the Peel Line in 1873 by the Metropolitan Carriage &Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley in Birmingham, upon delivery of the first bogie carriages from Brown, Marshall & Co., Ltd., in 1874 this carriage was close-coupled with C.2 and later mounted onto a bogie underframe in 1912 to become F.52; the four-wheel underframes were then re-used and became Fish Wagon No.4; the bodies from the "pairs" carriage were removed in 1967 and later destroyed at St. John's Station, the runner then seeing use as R.4.

Fleet Number:






A.2 (Later Paired With C.2) Thence F.52)

30 (Five Passengers Per Bench)

1873 (Paired 1912)

7’ 0”

Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co.,Ltd.

17’ 0”

As Built (Livery Conjectural)

Photographs to follow...