From St. John's:
Various (As Below)
30th October 1950
Ramsey (North Line)
8 Miles, 40 Chains
Closed & Lifted
Semaphore Signal | Bench Seating
The famous image of the basic facilities at this private halt with its own semaphore signal used to flag down passing trains.
The trackbed which now forms part of the Rail Trail with the solitary bench just visible to the left side of the pathway.
No.1 Sutherland approaches the site of the halt with a train from the north on the embankment, note the telegraph poles.
The pedestrian bench which marks the site of this former halt is all that remains today, disturbed only by the occassional walker.
A large group of scouts waiting for a train at the halt, note the fishtail semaphore signal is set to clear, would the train sail past?!
Bishops Court itself which was the residence of the Bishop of Sodor & Mann who had exclusive use of the halt after which it is named.