Four-Wheel Carriage C.9

One of two saloons built for the opening of the Peel Line in 1873 and used to carry dignitaries on the first official train, becoming known as the Ducal Saloon; it was paired in 1926 with another saloon, A.12 which had been converted earlier, thereafter forming the Governors' Saloon; withdrawn for display in 1975 the carriage is now extant in the railway museum at Port Erin

Fleet Number:






C.9 (Later Paired With A.12) Thence F.75)

20 (Longitudinal Seating)

1873 (Paired 1926)

7’ 0”

Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co.,Ltd.

17’ 0”

Port Erin Station

August 1938

Douglas Station

July 1972

Railway Museum

February 2014