All Thirds Carriage F.12
Removed from the railway after nationalisation to be used as an oil store at Derby Castle on the Manx Electric Railway where it was scrapped in 1982.
Above: how F.12 may have appeared on delivery from Brown, Marshalls & Co., Ltd., in 1881, the last of a batch of four and the only one of that delivery not to survive today. The lining detail on the panelling is conjectural but surviving examples and photographs illustrate such detail in the early years; it ended its days as an oil store at Derby Castle where it was scrapped in 1982. Latterly is had been in poor repair and not used for several years.
St. John's Carriage Shed