All-Thirds Carriage F.47
One of two all-thirds carriages supplied by the Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley Works in Birmingham in 1923 and rarely out of use since delivery, together with sister F.48 these carriages represent the backbone of the service fleet and are commonly used on the Douglas-based train set with the other Large F carriages. Comprising six third class compartments and capable of accommodating up to 48 passengers, it was last overhauled in 2022 when it was outshopped in the post-war red and cream livery carrying Ailsa Era crests with a green No.16 Mannin to eventually make up a set of carriages representing this era to go with No.11 Maitland. Prior to 1967 carriages did not carry any crests after the war.
As delivered from the Metropolitan & Carriage Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley Works in Birmingham, F.47 carried the purple lake and off-white livery with fleet details in the upper panels and class designations on the compartment doors, it is identical to F.48, delivered at the same time.