The “L” Series Bolsters
Four of these four-wheel vehicles were purchased from the Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co., in 1874 and were designed for carrying longer loads and to be used in pairs; each had manual parking brakes and they survived until the final years of the railway largely out of use latterly. All had a grey livery on woodwork and black metal and frames, they were numbered along their edges. Click on the links below for details:-
Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co.
In-House, Isle Of Man Railway Co.