Breakdown Crane No.3

This crane was built in 1902 and from 1928 used on a standard gauge line on a dock in Laxey Harbour.  Later spending time on a farm near Santon, when restored it was allocated the third crane number in the fleet sequence and restored by Captain Stephen Carter of the Laxey Towing Company over several months, and re-gauged for use on the railway.  It was commissioned on 25th July 1994 during and enthusiasts event.  It saw frequent use during events and was then kept at Douglas Station until 2001,  and later in 2005 moved to the Great Laxey Mines Railway  It has since been sold off-island.