Four-Wheel Carriage B.6
Built for the opening of the Peel Line in 1873 and supplied from the Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley Works in Birmingham, this carriage was close-coupled from 1881 with B.20; a new bogie underframe from the same source was supplied in 1910 and the two became F.63, the timber frames becoming the basis for K.2 (ii) and the carriage surviing in service until 1987 whereafter it was stored. Restored and returned to traffic in 2023.
Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co.,Ltd.
Douglas Station, February 2023
Port Erin Station, January 2019
Original Fleet Lettering
Port Erin Station, March 2023