Four-Wheel Carriage A.8
One of the first four-wheel carriages built for the opening of the Peel Line in 1873 by the Metropolitan Carriage &Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley in Birmingham, upon delivery of the first bogie carriages from Brown, Marshall & Co., Ltd., in 1874 this carriage was close-coupled with C.8 and later mounted onto a bogie underframe in 1924 to become F.58; surviving out of service from 1965, the carriage was scrapped at St. John's in 1968 and the underframe re-used as a runner.
Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co., Ltd.
F.58 (A.8 Detail)
St. John's July 1968