Three-Plank Wagons H.21 - H.26
Six identical wagons delivered from the Ashbury Carriage & Wagon Co., Ltd., in 1877, the second batch following the originals which were supplied from the Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley Works in Birmingham. These were notable for having coil as opposed to leaf springs. All had been lost by 1962, H.21 being the last remaining example at that time. H.25 succumbed as early as 1927, with H.23 being scrapped in 1954, followed by H.26 the following year. H.24 was disposed of in 1958 with 1959 seeing H.22 to a similar fate.
H.21 - H.26
A rendering of one of the series fitted with sheep rails for the transportation of livestock, it was common to see these interchanged between different members of the series.