The second one-off fish wagon was constructed in house by the Railway Company in Douglas Works and utilised the underframes from four-wheel carriages as below; it was the first to be scrapped as early as 1951, the series seeing little use after the war years. Lettering was marked in 8” high letters on the left side, un-shadowed with fleet numbers on the right.
The last remaining member of the series (No.1) was the first to be built, seen here in the goods yard at Douglas Station in the summer of 1969 some five years before it was scrapped, the lettering having long since succumbed to the rigours of outdoor storage.
A.1 - A.12 Four-Wheelers B.1 - B.24 Four-Wheelers C.1 - C.14 Four-Wheelers D.1 - D.2 Four-Wheelers
E.1 - Er.10 Brake Vans F.1 - F.18 Small Fs F.19 - F.20 Small Luggage F.21 - F.26 Small Fs
F.27 - F.28 Empress Vans F.29 - F.36 Saloons F.37 - F.38 Hurst Nelsons F.39 Foxdale Coach F.40 - F.49 Large Fs
F.50 - F.75 The Pairs N.40 - N.51 Six-Wheelers G.1 - G.19 Closed Vans H.1 - H.48 Three-Plank Wagons
K.1 - K.26 Cattle Vans L.1 - L.6 Bolsters M.1 - M.78 Dropside Wagons R.1 - R.12 Bogie Runners The Fish Wagons