Four-Wheel Carriage A.7

One of the first four-wheel carriages built for the opening of the Peel Line in 1873 by the Metropolitan Carriage &Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley in Birmingham, upon delivery of the first bogie carriages from Brown, Marshall & Co., Ltd., in 1874 this carriage was close-coupled with C.10 and later mounted onto a bogie underframe in 1923 to become F.54; in this fom the carriage was withdrawn and bodies scrapped in 1983; a replica was constructed by the railway from 1991 and the completed replica entered traffic in 1999.

Fleet Number:






A.7 (Later Paired With C.10) Thence F.54)

30 (Five Passengers Per Bench)

1873 (Paired 1923)

7’ 0”

Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co.,Ltd.

17’ 0”

As Built (Livery Conjectural)

F.54 (A.7 Right)

Port St. Mary, April 2022

F.54 (A.7 Right)

Douglas, March 1980

F.54 (Bulkhead Detail)

Port Erin, March 2020