First / Third Bogie Carriage F.9
The first of a batch of four delivered from Brown, Marshalls & Co., Ltd., in 1881, this carriage was removed from the railway in 1978 to be converted into a tourist office on the promenade at Douglas opposite the Sea Terminal and returned in 1987 for rebuilding which was completed in 1991, the carriage has been in regular traffic since this time and currently carries the red and cream post-war livery which was applied in 2000, prior to this the purple lake scheme was applied.
Promenade Information Office
Purple Lake After Rebuild
Restored Third Class Interior