M.N.Ry. Carriage No.7 (N.46)
This was one of few six-wheelers that remained in use into the 1940s and, as James Boyd states, “in case of special need, the 1950s...for instance on Tynwald Day in 1950”. It was noted as derelict in 1968 and lost in the 1975 shed fire at St. John’s. The half-height partitions on this example remained undivided, retaining its original configuration of three double third class compartments with open backs.
Above: the purple lake and off-white scheme applied to M.N.Ry. No.7 which became N.46 upon the amalgamation of 1905; this carriage consisted of three double third class compartments, partitions to waist height. Note the lamp housings, being third class one lamp was shared by both compartments; the fleet details are applied in gold with no drop shadow based upon surviving early images and documentation, the original applications were more elaborate.