Four-Wheel Carriage A.10

One of the first four-wheel carriages built for the opening of the Peel Line in 1873 by the Metropolitan Carriage &Wagon Co., Ltd., of Saltley in Birmingham, upon delivery of the first bogie carriages from Brown, Marshall & Co., Ltd., in 1874 this carriage was close-coupled with C.12 and later mounted onto a bogie underframe in 1910 to become F.61; the carriage bodies were removed in 1967 and later scrapped at St. John's, with the bogie underframes becoming runner R.6.

Fleet Number:






A.10 (Later Paired With C.12) Thence F.61)

30 (Five Passengers Per Bench)

1873 (Paired 1910)

7’ 0”

Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Co.,Ltd.

17’ 0”

Photographs to follow...