Brake Composite F.16
Part of a batch of six bogie carriages supplied by Brown, Marshalls & Co., Ltd., of Birmingham in 1894, the third and final order from this manufacturer, this carriage was identical to F.17 and F.18, the latter of which remains in service today; it was lost in the carriage shed fire at St. John's on 10th December 1975 having been stored since withdrawal from service seeing periodic use during the 1968 season, the last of the Peel and Ramsey lines.
F.16 as part of a mixed train in June 1960 at Ballasalla Station, looking like it had recently been repainted into red and cream.
April 1950 saw F.16 at Douglas Station in the wartime utility brown colour scheme with limited letterin detail typical of the time.
c.1955 and F.16 is at Port Erin Station on the bay platform still carrying the brown livery, the lettering detail more clear in this view.