Drop-Side Wagons Mr.36 - Mr.42
Seven of these wagons were constructed by the Manx Northern Railway, the first two in 1894 being No.30 and No.31 and later becoming Mr.36 and Mr.37, two more followed in 1896 being No.32 and No.33 becoming Mr.38 and Mr.39 after the amalgamation of 1905. The final three being built as No.34, No.35 and No.36 which went on to become Mr.40, Mr.41 and Mr.42.
Mr.37 was scrapped in 1958, the first of the batch to be lost. Mr.38 and Mr.39 were withdrawn in 1961 and scrapped in the next two years. Of particular note is Mr.40 which was fitted with a small hand crane for use on Peel Harbour, this example was scrapped in 1974 together with Mr.31 which was also lost at this time. The remainder were all scrapped prior to 1964.
M.N.Ry. Co., Ltd.
Photographs to follow...